Monday, August 17, 2009

Will this be my permanent blog?

Who knows. For the past several years, I bounced around from blog to blog. From Xanga to Xanga again, LiveJournal, Blogspot, WordPress, and now here I am at Blogspot again. I've always been so neurotic. WordPress was probably the blog where I blogged the most, but after revisiting it a few minutes ago, I felt so overwhelmed by all of these tabs and htmls that I decided to return to Blogspot. All I want to do is write. I don't need anything fancy. Although I might doodle around with pretty layouts when I'm done with this.

Summer is going by at an amazing pace. I've spent the past few months studying my ass off for this little test called the LSAT, and being unbelievably excited for the Jason Mraz concert in September. Finally I'll be able to see my all-time favorite musician in person.

Despite being a total hermit this summer, I feel extremely at peace with myself. I feel like I'm accomplishing something. Considering I haven't even taken the damn test yet, I know it seems like I haven't accomplished anything yet.

But I have fought off so many urges to just slack off and give up. I nearly let myself succumb to frustrations. But hey, look at me. Now I'm averaging -4 or -5 on the logical reasoning sections (compared to the -7 and -8 at the beginning) and I'm not giving up until I average -1 or -2. Then it's time to tackle the reading comprehension section.

I just spent last hour or so perusing Law School Numbers and looking at where I have the potential to get into, I am so excited to see where this road is going to turn after this following year. Just a good five months from now, I'll be getting phone calls from some of the nation's best schools. I am just SO excited.

Some of this may mean that I have to move out of the state away from my family, whom I've always been so close to. My mom is my best friend. I love her to shreds. But I realize that I really need this experience to just get out. I'm not scared.

Life is wonderful.
Embrace it.
Don't let anything hold you back.
Don't let the small things get to you and overcome you.
Take a deep breath and realize what you're worrying about.
Because in the end you'll realize you're worrying for nothing.
And in the end, you'll look back and realize how silly it was to waste your energy worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment